23 September, 2014
Thai Pumpkin Bread
When the fall season begins, we will see many pumpkins in the market. Therefore, during these several weeks, I will make pumpkin dishes, including appetizers, entrées, desserts, and snacks. We are gonna make Thai pumpkin bread. This bread is made from tapioca flour. This means that this bread is naturally gluten free.
The traditional recipe will deep fry this bread and use sweet potatoes. However, I try to avoid deep fry cooking for healthier diet. In addition, I would like to use seasonal ingredients to help local farmers. Therefore, I adapt the recipe to bake and use pumpkins instead. The outside texture of Thai Pumpkin Bread is a bit different from the traditional recipe, but overall it does not make any significant differences. Watch the Thai Pumpkin Bread episode on Ploy’s Kitchen Channel on YouTube.
Ingredients of Thai Pumpkin Bread:
1/2 cup of whole milk
1/3 cup of vegetable oil
1 tsp of salt
1 tbsp of sugar
1 cup of tapioca flour
1/2 cup of pumpkin puree
Cooking Directions for Thai Pumpkin Bread:
1. Spray a mini 24-cupcake baking pan and set aside
2. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit
Add tapioca flour into a medium mixing bowl, set aside
3. Boil whole milk, salt, and sugar in a pot
4. When they are boiled, pour them into the mixing bowl, which has the tapioca flour
5. Use a wooden spatula to fold the batter in the mixing bowl. Then, use a mixer to whisk the batter to cool down. Then, add pumpkin puree and keep whisking. Add some vegetable oil to help the batter cool down and keep whisking.
6. Then, add egg and keep whisking (please do not add egg when the batter is still hot; otherwise, if the egg is cooked, you will need to throw away the whole batter). After whisking, the batter will absorb egg and become incorporated. Then, add the rest of the vegetable oil. Keep whisking until everything is all combined.
7. Use an ice-cream scoop or a spoon to divide the batter evenly to the baking pan
8. Bake for 15-25 minutes or Thai Pumpkin Bread becomes golden brown
This Thai Pumpkin Bread recipe is serving for 16 mini pieces
Now, we get Thai pumpkin bread. It’s gluten free. This Thai Pumpkin Bread is delicious. You can make Thai Pumpkin Bread at home and share this to your friends.
ENJOY :))))) Thai Pumpkin Bread
About Ploy’s Kitchen
My PASSION :))))
As I wrote in the “About Precious” that I love cooking. I actually began cooking since I was ten. My grandmother and my mother are good home cookers. Their foods are more than delicious. Those are full of love and attention in all ingredients and techniques. Therefore, when my mom was in the kitchen, I usually asked her for a permission to get in the kitchen to help her cook. I have learned so many things from my home cooking. That was the beginning that made me love cooking and cooking became my passion.
In 2012, before I came to the U.S.A., I decided to take a Thai culinary course at Suan Dusit International Culinary School in Bangkok, Thailand. I have learned how to cook Thai traditional foods, including appetizers, entrées, and desserts. Much more than that, what I learned was not only how to cook, but also how to select good qualities of ingredients and how to prepare those ingredients for cooking. I also learned how to crave fruits and vegetables for decoration, but making it edible.
After I have spent my time on my master degrees in the U.S.A., I have been cooking and baking a lot. Many friends have known that when I have free time, I will find an opportunity to either cook or bake. I think this is a good time for me to share what I love to all of you. With all my hearts and passions, I hope you all love my recipes and techniques that I share to all of you.
I am currently posting my recipes with photos, but I do not have a video cooking show. I am working on my video right now. Please STAY TUNED :))))
Please feel free to leave your comments or contact me via my social media by clicking on the icons on the right side of the website. Please also feel free to email me with your suggestions, thoughts, or comments at email@example.com. What would you like to hear from me? Just let me know! I will do my best to MAKE IT HAPPEN.
Content Copyright 2014-2015. Precious Productions, LLC. Ploy’s Kitchen. Precious Lifestyles. All Right Reserved.