When the fall season begins, we will see many pumpkins in the market. Therefore, during these several weeks, I will make pumpkin dishes, including appetizers, entrées, desserts, and snacks. We are gonna make Thai pumpkin bread. This bread is made from tapioca flour. This means that this bread is naturally gluten free.
The traditional recipe will deep fry this bread and use sweet potatoes. However, I try to avoid deep fry cooking for healthier diet. In addition, I would like to use seasonal ingredients to help local farmers. Therefore, I adapt the recipe to bake and use pumpkins instead. The outside texture of Thai Pumpkin Bread is a bit different from the traditional recipe, but overall it does not make any significant differences. Watch the Thai Pumpkin Bread episode on Ploy’s Kitchen Channel on YouTube.
Ingredients of Thai Pumpkin Bread:
1/2 cup of whole milk
1/3 cup of vegetable oil
1 tsp of salt
1 tbsp of sugar
1 cup of tapioca flour
1/2 cup of pumpkin puree
Cooking Directions for Thai Pumpkin Bread:
1. Spray a mini 24-cupcake baking pan and set aside
2. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit
Add tapioca flour into a medium mixing bowl, set aside
3. Boil whole milk, salt, and sugar in a pot
4. When they are boiled, pour them into the mixing bowl, which has the tapioca flour
5. Use a wooden spatula to fold the batter in the mixing bowl. Then, use a mixer to whisk the batter to cool down. Then, add pumpkin puree and keep whisking. Add some vegetable oil to help the batter cool down and keep whisking.
6. Then, add egg and keep whisking (please do not add egg when the batter is still hot; otherwise, if the egg is cooked, you will need to throw away the whole batter). After whisking, the batter will absorb egg and become incorporated. Then, add the rest of the vegetable oil. Keep whisking until everything is all combined.
7. Use an ice-cream scoop or a spoon to divide the batter evenly to the baking pan
8. Bake for 15-25 minutes or Thai Pumpkin Bread becomes golden brown
This Thai Pumpkin Bread recipe is serving for 16 mini pieces
Now, we get Thai pumpkin bread. It’s gluten free. This Thai Pumpkin Bread is delicious. You can make Thai Pumpkin Bread at home and share this to your friends.
ENJOY :))))) Thai Pumpkin Bread